Jasper writes:

> Well, Belfast was a bit of a let-down from the golfer's POV, not least
> because the organizers had forgotten to buy name badges, so
> identifying people was difficult.

In defence of the organizers, I'd like to point out that actually they
did remember to arrange name badges: they arranged for one of the
conference sponsors to create them.  Unfortunately that sponsor then
somehow failed to get them to the conference (as Marty said on the first
morning, "thanks to one of our major sponsors, the registration process
has been greatly streamlined").

And somebody had procured a roll of stickers and some felt-tip pens
within a few hours -- so most people were labelled at least some of the
time (I certainly saw who you were!).

Please don't blame the organizers, whom I thought did great work in a
difficult job.  You could've put a message on the wiki or organized a
bof or a special YAPC round of golf or something ...

Smylers