Hi Philipp,

Thanks for getting back & sorting this, sorry I'm rubbish at replying,
since I last posted Google has completely changed their font service lol.

I think it would still be good to mention at the very least that these
could still be loaded in with font loader on a JS tab (which as you say has
been removed).

I would be grateful if the JS tab came back with the code snippet with the
web font loader. With Google giving ranking benefits to pages that load
faster, why take a faster option away from people?

I think that was the only place that it was referenced.

On Friday, 2 September 2016 09:13:47 UTC+1, Philipp Wollermann wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> oh, that's definitely not good that we're still referring people to that
> old URL. I'll gladly remove any references to that. I'll also see if we can
> give the /1/ URL one last update.
>
> I sent a pull request to the TypeKit repo here to fix the links /
> documentation there: https://github.com/typekit/webfontloader/pull/339
>
> Have you seen it being mentioned in other places? It looks like Google
> Fonts now uses a CSS-only way of loading fonts, at least I couldn't find
> the "javascript" tab or the web loader mentioned there anywhere anymore.
>
> Cheers,
> Philipp
>

> On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 10:20:06 PM UTC+2, Joe Pagan wrote:
>>
>> Hi Philipp,
>>
>> Sorry for the late response, thanks for getting back to me and updating
>> it!
>>
>> Just want to point out that a google fonts still reference the "1"
>> version which should get the latest version right?
>>
>> https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/webfont/1/webfont.js actually gets
>> 1.6.16 NOT the latest 1.6.26.
>>
>> I think I read somewhere that the "1" versions like that are deprecated
>> is that right? Could you either update 1 to server 1.6.26, or, the code in
>> the "javascript" tab on when getting a google font.
>>
>> Thanks so much!
>>
>> Joe
>>
>> On Thursday, 4 August 2016 09:56:17 UTC+1, Philipp Wollermann wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Joe,
>>>
>>> the Google Fonts team just updated the Web Font Loader on our CDN to
>>> version 1.6.26. I hope that helps!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Philipp

To view this message on the web, visit