The 30 second deadline is a hard limit and can't be overridden. Once the
Task Queue is available (coming soon!), you will be able to more effectively
handle this by updating a small number of entities per request and
dynamically adding new tasks until the full set of entities is updated. For
now, you will have to find a way to do this by issuing multiple requests or
handling the updates in smaller, more frequent chunks, perhaps using cron if
you want these entities to be updated in the background.
- Jason