Hi Abhinav,
Yes, you are right - we really should just invoke javac.exe on Windows. We
were assuming that javac would not be present in the bin directory on a
Windows machine. Feel free to file a bug about this if you'd like - it's not
too hard to fix, but as it's a corner case, it's not going to be at the top
of our priority list.

Thanks,
Rajeev