I should be more explicit.
I make a call to the following code and get the logs below:

public boolean authenticateUser(String userId, String encPassword)
                        throws ServiceException {
                xLogger.fine("Entering authenticateUser");
                PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
                //We use an atomic transaction here to check if the user exists
and
then update it
                try {
                        //First check if the user already exists in the database
                        UserAccount user = pm.getObjectById(UserAccount.class,
userId);
                        xLogger.info("authenticateUser: Authenticating user
{0}", userId);
                        //If we get here, it means the user exists
                        //If the user account is disabled, then always fail
authentication
                        if (!user.isEnabled()) {
                                xLogger.warn("authenciateUser: FAILED!! User
{0} is disabled",
userId);
                                throw new ServiceException("User is disabled");
                        }
                        //TODO: Encode password
                        if (encPassword == user.getEncodedPassword()) {
                                user.setTimeStamp(new Date());
                                pm.close();
                                xLogger.fine("Exiting authenticateUser");
                                xLogger.info("authenticateUser: User
authenticated successfully");
                                return true;
                        }
                } catch (JDOObjectNotFoundException e) {
                        xLogger.warn("authenciateUser: FAILED!! User {0} does
not exist",
userId);
                        throw new ServiceException("User does not exist");
                }
                xLogger.fine("Exiting authenticateUser");
                xLogger.warn("authenticateUser: FAILED!! Incorrect password for
user
{0}", userId);
                throw new ServiceException("Incorrect password");
        }

FINE: Entering authenticateUser
Aug 26, 2009 6:01:07 PM org.datanucleus.state.LifeCycleState
changeState
FINE: Object
"org.lggi.samaanguru.entity.useracco...@5d5f30"
(id="org.lggi.samaanguru.entity.UserAccount:user1")
has a lifecycle change : "HOLLOW"->"P_NONTRANS"
Aug 26, 2009 6:01:07 PM org.datanucleus.ConnectionManagerImpl
allocateConnection
FINE: Connection added to the pool :
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.DatastoreConnectionFactoryImpl
$datastoremanagedconnect...@1be8bba
Aug 26, 2009 6:01:07 PM org.datanucleus.ConnectionManagerImpl
allocateConnection
FINE: Connection found in the pool :
org.datanucleus.store.appengine.DatastoreConnectionFactoryImpl
$datastoremanagedconnect...@1be8bba
Aug 26, 2009 6:01:07 PM org.lggi.samaanguru.utils.XLog log
WARNING: authenciateUser: FAILED!! User user1 does not exist