I think it depends on the queries you want to support.  In GAE it's
usually important to know that up-front.  Also, the specific trouble
you're having might help.  Is it a modeling issue, a querying issue,
just an issue with the APIs ...?

I have some stuff here (the "querying" posts) that might be relevant
to you (it's JPA, but the models should be the same):

http://objectuser.wordpress.com/google-app-engine/

Without knowing the queries though, something like this should cover
the basic relationships:

class Beverage {
  Long id;
  Key packaging;