Hello!

I ran over this problem. I was retrieving a data set ordered by
encodekey ascending:

[(key agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYm0gMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GJxIDA
name EUROTRIM)
, (key agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYnUgMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GJ5IDA
name ANCA ELECTRIC SYSTEMS)
, (key agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYn0gMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GKBIDA
name TWIN TRADING)

So "agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYnUgMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GJ5IDA" <
"agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYn0gMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GKBIDA"

But
"agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYnUgMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GJ5IDA".compareTo
("agljb3NpbnV4NjhyIQsSCkRiQ3VzdG9tZXIYn0gMCxIJRGJDb250YWN0GKBIDA") =
37 > 0

The encodedKey is defined as:

@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.APPLICATION)
public class DbContact extends DbEntity {

    @PrimaryKey
    @Persistent(valueStrategy = IdGeneratorStrategy.IDENTITY)
    @Extension(vendorName="datanucleus", key="gae.encoded-pk",
value="true")
    private String encodedKey;

@Persistent
    private DbCustomer customer;

Also:

@PersistenceCapable(identityType = IdentityType.APPLICATION)
public class DbCustomer extends DbEntity {

    @PrimaryKey
    @Persistent(valueStrategy = IdGeneratorStrategy.IDENTITY)
    @Extension(vendorName="datanucleus", key="gae.encoded-pk",
value="true")
    private String encodedKey;

    @Persistent(mappedBy = "customer")
    @Order(extensions = @Extension(vendorName="datanucleus",
key="list-
ordering", value="customerProfile desc"))
    private List<DbContact> contacts;