I'm getting an error when trying to filter on ANCESTOR IS locally in
Eclipse. Anyone know what might be the problem?  Does anyone have a
working example?  Am I forced to use the Low-Level API?

The code is:
                        PersistenceManager pm =
PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();

                        Transaction tx = pm.currentTransaction();

                        try {
                                tx.begin();

                                Query query = pm.newQuery(ChildClass.class,
                                                "WHERE ANCESTOR IS pAnc " +
                                                "parameters
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Key pAnc");
                                try {
                                        Key ancesterKey =
ParentClass.generateKey(accountId)
                                                        .getKey();
                                        Iterable<ChildClass> queryResults =
(Iterable<ChildClass>) query
                                                        .execute(ancesterKey,
startDate, endDate);

It errors on the execute() method.  I currently have no data stored
yet.

Can Google update the docs with a full example?

Portion of expression could not be parsed: ANCESTOR IS pAnc parameters
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Key pAnc

My code returns the error as JSON to the browser:

{"errorMessage":"Portion of expression could not be parsed: ANCESTOR
IS pAnc parameters com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Key
pAnc","errorClass":"JDOUserException","hasErrors":true,"stackTrace":"\r
\norg.datanucleus.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException
(NucleusJDOHelper.java:375)\r\norg.datanucleus.jdo.JDOQuery.execute
(JDOQuery.java:299)\r\n...."}