I see now that that is the case. I had been testing the problem, and
then after each attempt adding in some more logging statements to try
and find the bottleneck so that I was uploading a new version each
time. This was of course forcing a new version into the JVM so a new
manager had to be created. Now that I sit here and force it to work a
couple of times I am seeing around 70ms per request. Thanks for the
reply.