Hi Vince,

In order to get the task queue into the 1.2.5 release we had to take a
shortcut with the local development environment.  Tasks execute
automatically in production but not locally.  However, in the local
environment you can kick off your tasks manually by visiting the task queue
admin console page, accessible via a link off of
http://localhost:8080/_ah/admin

We thought we had this properly documented but it appears we do not.  I've
filed a bug and we'll get this taken care of quickly.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks,
Max