Hi Andy,
At this point, no.  For JSP errors generated by javac, the error will refer
to locations inside the generated servlet class, instead of inside the JSP
file it came from.  Errors from the JSP compiler, on the other hand,
*will*generally refer to the actual JSP file/line that caused the
error.

I see that you've already created an issue in the public tracker, which is
exactly the right approach.  Incidentally, you created an issue *just
minutes* before I created essentially the same issue (issue
2131<http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=2131>)
on your behalf!  That's ok, though; I'll go ahead and mark mine as a
duplicate.

Thanks for reporting this,

Keith