I do this quite a bit in my app.
Basically I make a query like this:
Query q = pm.newQuery(MyClass.class, "myDate >= :firstDateParam &&
myDate <= :secondDateParam");
Map<String, Object> params = new HashMap<String, Object>();
params.put("firstDateParam", startDate);
params.put("secondDateParam", endDate);
q.executeWithMap(params);

I typed this on my phone, so I may have bitchered some meathod
signatures, but this is about what I am doing. Hope it helps.