Yes, I tried all the levels in the Console.  It must be the properties
file.  I noticed the plugin created the log4j.properties in the src
folder and the contents are below.  How do I set the default level in
this file?  Thanks.

# A default log4j configuration for log4j users.
#
# To use this configuration, deploy it into your application's WEB-INF/
classes
# directory.  You are also encouraged to edit it as you like.

# Configure the console as our one appender
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{HH:mm:ss,SSS} %-5p [%c]
- %m%n

# tighten logging on the DataNucleus Categories
log4j.category.DataNucleus.JDO=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Persistence=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Cache=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.MetaData=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.General=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Utility=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Transaction=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Datastore=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.ClassLoading=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Plugin=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.ValueGeneration=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.Enhancer=WARN, A1
log4j.category.DataNucleus.SchemaTool=WARN, A1