Hi Greg. In that case, you may want to post in the GWT discussion group --
if the JAR is in your lib folder, it should be deployed with your
application.
I've been told that the error can occur when the GWT compiler doesn't know
where to pull in the code because you haven't old it to include the
third-party module code via an "inherits" tag inside your gwt.xml module
file, but since it works in Eclipse, it should work elsewhere.

It also may be possible that you're launching a different gwt.xml module
file in Eclipse than on the command-line build, the latter of which is
broken, but this is largely outside the scope of my expertise. Please look
into this, and if your error persists, ping the GWT forum.

Thank you,
- Jason