Hello Chris. I'm also interested in building a scala app on the Google
App Engine. I have a simple working (empty) lift/scala template here:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1127092/lift4gaeTEMPLATE.zip

But I haven't been able to cross the bridge from scala GAE app to wave
robot.
As I understand it there are examples of java wave robots floating
around so I tried using their guidance
Settings for bots: http://code.google.com/apis/wave/extensions/robots/
Java wave bot: http://www.vogella.de/articles/GoogleWave/article.html#robot

Once I get this working I'll add it the code/how to information to
this google wave:
https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:search:by%253Ame,restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252BRz-PM7LmK