Hi All,

I also struggled with this topic a bit, and I am wondering why the
google app engine doesn't have some api like;

GWT RPC?
public MachineMacOrSomething getRAMSessionMachineIdString session);

regular http
myapp.appspot.com/whatRAMSessionMachineId?jsessionId=</xyz>

It would also solve the issue of storing Sessions to disk on each
request, which really doesn't seem all that efficient (having used it
for a month or so).  For GWT( and other ajax) apps this would provide
a simple way of using a Session and Static Cacheing the way it is
usually done in Java App Servers (have seen static caching in a few
Tomcat projects, Jboss and Tomcat keep the HttpSession in RAM).

Perhaps there would also be a appengine-web.xml setting
ram-session
so that the older disk session impl would not need to be changed.

GWT RPC itself may need also be upgraded to be compatible with the
idea, including the MachineId somewhere for routing in the google app
engine code.

Cheers,
Scott