AHHH, that actually explains a lot of other problems I have been
seeing with "Long" that i wasnt expecting....

so why would anyone use Long rather than long? Im guessing that long
is actually a  basic datatype.... I suppose I can go look that up
myself though!

Thanks for your help and input... I wish id figured that out at about
midnight last night, I could have gone to bed 4 hours earlier!!! LOL