On 21 Okt., 20:26, Esteban Masoero <emaso...@getsense.com.ar> wrote:
> Hi there:
>
> We've been running a wicket app on gae since last month, but without the
> need of implement memcache-based implementation of Wicket's IPageStore.
> Why are you doing that? (our wicket version is 1.3.7)

Wicket is very powerful in maintaining application/session state. This
enables for example a nice usage of back/forward buttons. In a typical
scenario, this is backed by the DiskPageStore implementation. On GAE
you can't use the DiskPageStore since it relies on writing to the
filesystem. Thus, I assume that you use the HTTPSessionStore as
proposed in some blog entries (and not the SecondLevelCacheStore).

I did some research on the web and several users reported problems
using the HTTPSessionStore - especially regarding the back/forward
button behavior. Thus, I am currently trying to implement a Memcache-
backed IPagestore for GAE. On the Wicket mailinglist I was provided
with a HTTP session based implementation of IPageStore (done in the
Terracotta project) to have a starting point (http://www.nabble.com/
Google-App-Engine-and-Wicket-to23001592.html)