Hi,

While working on my latest project I created a small framework as an
alternative to using JDO for storing objects in the datastore.  I've
called it Twig and made it open source to share the love.  I hope it
can save others as much time and frustration as it has saved me.

http://code.google.com/p/twig-persist/

My goal was to make something that was easy to configure and extend
with code.  Its still very early days and many features are relatively
untested but is useful enough to overcome many of the problems I had
using the standard persistence API's.

Feedback is very welcome

John