On Nov 6, 5:56 am, Vik <vik....@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am looking forward to enhance the UI layer. So which one is more
> recommended GWT or JQuery or anything else that works with GAE?

You should take a look at Vaadin. It's a GAE-supported framework which
allows you to write your UI code in server with 100% Java. You just
write your application as usual and create your UI using components
provided by Vaadin, and it will take care of all RPC and Ajax stuff
for you. Styling is done with standard CSS, and if you want to extend
the client side it's easy since it's based on GWT.

For more info see http://www.vaadin.com and the component set can be
demoed at http://demo.vaadin.com/sampler . There is also an article in
the wiki how to set up a Vaadin app in GAE:
http://vaadin.com/wiki/-/wiki/Main/Google%20AppEngine%20HOWTO

The community is very lively, and there are lots of community-provided
components and extensions (see http://dev.vaadin.com/browser/contrib
and http://dev.vaadin.com/browser/incubator ). The framework is Apache
licensed.

--