I have been having a lot of trouble with JDO objects not storing, or at
least not storing some of the data.  This has been extremely frustrating,
and have thought about giving up on Appengine a few times, because my
current design seems bring out all the bugs in the Datastore/Datanucleus
code.  Are other people also having major issues?

Currently, my design starts a Data session at the beginning of the request,
and then closes at the end of the request.  I figured this should save all
the changes that I have made to the Datastore.  What I am finding is that
some of the objects are being stored and other objects are not.  I have
managed to get most of the code working by open and closing
PersistenceManager multiple times during the processing of a request.  This
feels very hacky, and introduces other bugs where I have a handle to an
object opened in one of the early PersistenceManager, but not in the
currently opened one.

The project has lots of business logic unit test, which makes sure that all
the objects get updated correctly per request.  So, when I discover bad data
in the datastore, I know it is a problem with the storing of the objects.  I
have made multiple attempts at simplifying the issue to post to this list,
but as the code gets simpler the issues seem to go away.  I am willing to
share my larger code base with developers that are working on trying to fix
these problems, but I don't want make a general post to everyone.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Goetsch