Hi all,

This is the first time I'm posting about Gaelyk in this group, I hope it's
okay according to the netiquette of the Group.
If not, please advise me the best place to give some news on that topic, on
an occasional basis.

I wanted to share with you the r*elease of Gaelyk 0.3.2, a lightweight
Groovy toolkit for App Engine*.

Gaelyk is a thin layer on top of the Google App Engine SDK, that is aimed at
simplifying the creation of applications written in the *G**roovy dynamic
language* to be deployed on GAE.
Thanks to Groovlets (servlet scripts basically) and templates, and entities,
you can follow an *MVC paradigm* for creating your applications.
Several nice *syntax shortcuts simplify the usage of the low-level SDK APIs*,
such as an email.send to: "recipi...@gmail.com" shorthand and more.

This new release adds some handy *URL routing system* to have nice RESTful
URLs.

If you want to learn more about this little framework, please have a look at
the extensive Tutorial:
http://gaelyk.appspot.com/tutorial

Gaelyk was also presented recently at the Devoxx conference in Belgium,
along with Patrick Chanezon descripting the GAE platform.
You can view the slides of the presentation here:
http://glaforge.free.fr/blog/groovy/286

You can download Gaelyk and a template project in the download section of
the website: http://gaelyk.appspot.com/download

And get involve in the community: http://gaelyk.appspot.com/community
Particularly, you can join the Gaelyk Google Group for posting questions and
chatting with the users and developers:
http://groups.google.com/group/gaelyk

Gaelyk is an *Open Source project* licensed under the terms of the *Apache
Software License 2.0*.
The project is hosted on GitHub: http://github.com/glaforge/gaelyk

A number of applications online already use this lightweight toolkit.

   - For example, the Groovy Web Console lets you execute and share Groovy
   scripts online: http://groovyconsole.appspot.com/
   - The Gaelyk website itself is of course a Gaelyk application:
   http://gaelyk.appspot.com/
   - The iUI iPhone JavaScript toolkit website is also powered by Gaelyk:
   http://iui-js.appspot.com/ (best viewed with an iPhone)
   - The Averone's company website is developed with Gaelyk:
   http://www.averone.com.br/

In the future, we're looking forward to simplifying other parts of the GAE
SDK, for instance providing some nice DSLs (Domain-Specific Languages) to
improve and enrich the low-level datastore APIs to further simplify querying
the datastore, or to create a RESTful language on top of the URL Fetch
service to interact with REST backends.

We're looking forward to your feedback and having you on board!

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager