I just committed the code to add support for the If-Modified-Since request
header (and the Last-Modified and Content-Length response headers). It'll be
in the next GaeVFS release, which will happen after SDK 1.2.8 is released to
production.

BTW, the way this works is that the client simply takes the value from the
Last-Modified response header and sends it back as the If-Modified-Since
request header, so there's no need to worry about synchronization between
client time and server time. I tested on Chrome, IE8, and Firefox (all on
Windows).

Thanks for the info.

Vince