Just want to share what I did. I use JDOQL to query the preferred
child object.
>From that child object, I use its key to get the parent key, and from
that parent key
I have the primary key of the parent object. Then, I get the parent
and child object
together in the same entity group using the primary key. It's all done
in the same
transaction. I hope this help a bit.