In eclipse select "Run Configurations..." from the "Run" main menu ...

in the dialog that pops up, you you see a "G" icon in the tree view on
the left and a "list" of configurations
under that, (at least one), select your personal favorite, click on
the"(x) arguements" tab and add the
appropriate config, on my system it's:

-javaagent:"C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins
\com.google.appengine.eclipse.sdkbundle_1.2.8.v200912040616\appengine-
java-sdk-1.2.8\lib\agent\appengine-agent.jar"