I am hoping to create math test generation software for teachers.  I
would like to enable a user to enter questions that might include
pictures or mathematical expressions with something like TinyMCE.
Then, I want to concatenate their questions into a format that can be
reliably printed.

Ideally I would use PDF, but it seems like there are no powerful pdf
libraries available for GAE for Java.  I have also considered using
the google docs api, but I don't know a way to render HTML to a google
document.

Are there any tools that can reliably print HTML?  How does Google
Apps do it?

Thanks!