Please send us your app-id privately (if you don't feel comfortable posting
it publicly), and we can investigate.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Philip <philip.jarr...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Subject: [appengine-java] Re: What does
<precompilation-enabled>true</precompilation-enabled> do?
To: Google App Engine for Java <google-appengine-java@googlegroups.com>

Whenever I attempt to use pre-compilation I receive a 503 Service
Unavailable error and a roll back is made.  There is no further
explanation in the logs.  I made several tries at different times.

Unable to update:
java.io.IOException: Error posting to URL:
http://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/precompile?app_id={removed}&version=2&;
503 Service Unavailable

Try Again (503)
An unexpected failure has occurred. Please try again.

       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.send
(ServerConnection.java:143)
       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.ServerConnection.post
(ServerConnection.java:81)
       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.send
(AppVersionUpload.java:427)
       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.precompile
(AppVersionUpload.java:135)
       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppVersionUpload.doUpload
(AppVersionUpload.java:112)
       at com.google.appengine.tools.admin.AppAdminImpl.update
(AppAdminImpl.java:56)
       at com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.proxy.AppEngineBridgeImpl.deploy
(AppEngineBridgeImpl.java:271)
       at
com.google.appengine.eclipse.core.deploy.DeployProjectJob.runInWorkspace
(DeployProjectJob.java:148)
       at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run
(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38)
       at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Am I missing something?

- Philip

<google-appengine-java%2bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com<google-appengine-java%252bunsubscr...@googlegroups.com>