When I read the java section of
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html,

there is no mention of jdoconfig.xml and the need of it being in
war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/ .

I followed this document as recommended, get the pmf factory singleton
and then bam!
I am hit with the verbose as described in:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/8b7677449f9a1f64/670b1b7c1b24d3de?#670b1b7c1b24d3de

I searched (using find -name) and found a few copies of jdoconfig.xml
at the demos in the gae eclipse plugin directory. I copied it over to
the war and my problem was solved.

I am using gae plugin 1.2.6, gwt 2 on karmic 64, galileo.

Questions:
1. why gae plugin did not copy jdoconfig.xml to where it is needed?

2. otherwise, is
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/datastore/overview.html
defective in its instructions in not mentioning I need jdoconfig
somewhere in the war, or it presumes I am super-knowledgeable about
jdo first before I should even try it?

3. Is it proper practice to have programmers look for jdoconfig.xml
not  anywhere "more formal" but in the demos?