Hi George,

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:34 AM, George Moschovitis <
george.moschovi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a long awaited feature.
>
> Some problems though:
>
> - Instead of the serve() helper I would expect access to the blobs
> through a url, something like:
>  http://my-app.appenginebs.com/blob-key

You can write a trivial handler to do this. The serve() helper simply sets a
header in the response that is interpreted by the infrastructure to cause it
to send the blob back to the user. This provides more flexibility than
solely blobkey-based serving.

> - No support for organization in directories

Blobs are just that - chunks of data. It's up to you to construct whatever
heirarchy you wish in the datastore.

-Nick Johnson

> - A method to manipulate the uploaded blobs is missing (for example
> cropping/resizing big images)
> - No free quota
>
> -g.
>

> On Dec 15, 6:00 am, "Jason (Google)" <apija...@google.com> wrote:
> > Hi Everyone. We just released version 1.3.0 of the App Engine SDK for
> > both Python and Java. The most notable change is the new experimental
> > Blobstore API which allows billed apps to store files up to 50 MB. The
> > release also includes some performance tweaks to the Java runtime.
> >
> > Blog post:
> http://googleappengine.blogspot.com/2009/12/app-engine-sdk-130-releas...
> >
> > Release notes:
> > Python:http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkReleaseNotes
> > Java:
> http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/wiki/SdkForJavaReleaseNotes
> >
> > Cheers!
> > - Jason

Nick Johnson, Developer Programs Engineer, App Engine
Google Ireland Ltd. :: Registered in Dublin, Ireland, Registration Number:
368047