Here are somethings, that I'm aware of, that make it hard to use maven and
the Google Plugin for Eclipse together:

  1. Require users to use an SDK (classpath container in eclipse) instead
  of regular jars
  2. Force the "war" directory to be named war and appear at the project
  root
  3. No official GWT artifact maven repository

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 4:35 AM, drone <andr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding maven-gae-plugin - for now, the best way to adopt your
> application is to copy/paste pom parts from one of the example
> projects (plain jsp or gwt). It's not trivial, but not impossible.
> Also I tried to document every piece of pom.xml there.
>
> However it is true, that this plugin has become a bit stale.. on my
> part it's mostly because newer google appengine artifacts did not
> appear in
> google-maven-repository.
>
> I see now, that they can be found in http://www.mvnsearch.org/maven2/
> repository, so I will try updating maven-gae-plugin as soon as I have
> some free time.
> Also - gwt example is to be updated to use codehaus plugin
> (mojo.codehaus.org/gwt-maven-plugin) instead of gwt-maven
> (code.google.com/p/gwt-maven/).
>

> On Dec 13, 6:48 am, Yoichi <takayama.yoi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Google App Engine has a Maven Plugin project.
> >
> > http://code.google.com/p/maven-gae-plugin/
> >
> > Unfortunately there is no manual and I can't figure out how to use it,
> > what else may be necessary, how to configure them, what's the
> > relationship with Apache Eclipse Maven plugins.
> >
> > There are sample Project trees from the Web site. However, that is not
> > enough.
> >
> > E.g. I can't see any new menu option to create and manage GAE Maven
> > project, etc. For example, the GAE Maven Plugin should add a new
> > Archtype in the Maven Plugin's Prlject creation menu. It seems this is
> > not the case.
> >
> > Yoichi

Miguel