BACKGROUND:

What I'm trying to do is use a pojo for persistence without any
annotations.

I have a package.jdo defining my mapping in META-INF

I am using the AppEngine Eclipse plugin and when I deploy to the
AppEngine I get this from the datanucleus enhancement:

DataNucleus Enhancer (version 1.1.4) : Enhancement of classes
DataNucleus Enhancer completed with success for 0 classes. Timings :
input=277 ms, enhance=0 ms, total=277 ms. Consult the log for full
details
DataNucleus Enhancer completed and no classes were enhanced. Consult
the log for full details

I assume this means that the enhancer didn't find my pojo despite my
package.jdo.

So when I run my app, I get this log in the logs:

...threw an unexpected exception:
org.datanucleus.jdo.exceptions.ClassNotPersistenceCapableException...

QUESTION:

Can I map my pojos without annotations and still use JDO for the
AppEngine?  My hunch is that I somehow need to tell the Datanucleus
Enhancement about my package.jdo, since I seems it can't find it on
its own.