Merry Christmas.

Surely an important use of cloud computing is creating services that
can be shared?

So why not implement your "harvester" with an API that allows other
apps, including your own, to read the database?  i.e. other
applications connect to your datastore through your application rather
than some other magic.   Wouldn't that be safer anyway?

Michael