Hi,
I'm also trying to get Spring security to work on GAE.
regarding your problem:
1. there is an issue with Spring Security 2.0.5 on GAE, you can find a
fix here:
http://www.google-app-engine.com/blog/post/Spring-security-fix-for-google-app-engine.aspx

2. I couldn't entirely substantiate it, but I read of a lot of
problems deployed GAE has with AOP (as opposed to Google development
environment on eclipse). maybe this has something to do with it as
well.

hope this helps a bit.