I found the following HIPAA related discussions:

"HIPAA requirements vs. AppEngine security guidelines"
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/78b40375b8b5af41/4cb5de1b17aae039?lnk=gst&q=HIPAA#

"IPAA and client data stored w/ Google's App Engine framework"
http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/9599673ca86d7f7c/d60097ab14c11966?lnk=gst&q=HIPAA#