This is likely a common scenario and I'm wondering if someone has
already written some code to do this that I can steal.

I'm using the low-level datastore API. In my app, users will be
entering a SQL where clause. For instance:

category = "Java" and rating > 5

This translates to the com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Query object
as such:

Query q = new Query("a kind");
q.addFilter("category", Query.FilterOperator.EQUAL, "Java");
q.addFilter("rating", Query.FilterOperator.GREATER_THAN, 5);

Has anyone written a generic library that does this translation?

Thanks,
Keyur