On 01/08/2010 10:58 AM, Prashant Gupta wrote:

2010/1/8 nicanor.babula <nicanor.bab...@gmail.com <mailto:nicanor.bab...@gmail.com>>

    Hi everyone.

    How memcache works on GAE? Let me explain:
    Do I get one memcache instance per app instance or there is one
    memcache instance for all instastances of my app?

one instance for all app instances.
so if one app instance does:
memcacheService.put("loggedUser", userData1);

and later another app instance does:
(UserData) memcacheService.get("loggedUser");
The latter instance will get the same data that the first instance put?

    My app uses google accounts to handle users. I am thinking that it
    might be faster reading the current user data from the memcache
    instead of calling userService.getCurrentUser(). It would be a good
    approach?

no! memcache data is not persistent, your memcache data could be removed any time for any reason, like limited memory, cache age, etc. I suggest you to go through docs.
I don't want to use it for persistence. I use the datastore for persistence.
Once a user logs in I want to write to the memcache the logged user data in order to read it later (during one login session).

    Thanks,
    Cristian.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google App Engine for Java" group. To post to this group, send email to google-appengine-j...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to google-appengine-java+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java?hl=en.