It's been some discussion about this topic. You may want to seek posts
with words "keep warm" or "cold start", for instance. See also the
"Tragedy of the Commons, and Cold Starts" post in the Google Aps Forum

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine/browse_thread/thread/22692895421825cb/1108714f7a57280a

Jorge Gonzalez