Ok, this was just me being lame.  I'm using JSF and I didn't have a
converter defined for Google's Key type, so in the transition between server
and client side it was getting converted into some lame String, which was
then getting stored in the data store.  So... to make a short story Long,
the datastore does support List<Key> just fine and I'm still learning how
all this works.

Joel