Hi Prashant. This doesn't appear to have anything to do with memcache. Your
complaint is that @NotPersistent-annotated fields are reassigned to null
when the object is detached. I'm not familiar enough with the JDO
specification to say whether this is expected, but I've filed a bug and Max
will verify whether this same behavior exists in the standard DataNucleus
plugin. If so, then he will close this bug as "working as intended."

Here's my bug report:

http://code.google.com/p/datanucleus-appengine/issues/detail?id=189

- Jason