There seems to be no way to stop loading requests occurring even with cron jobs. I think currently the only solution is to make you app start up faster. This could mean getting rid of frameworks like Guice which take time to initialise.

Google chaps: is there any way to page the memory to disk of a quiet app without required re-initialisation?