I mentioned Resteasy in your other thread, but you might also want to
consider Hessian.  I recently patched the Caucho impl and now both
client & server work on GAE (we use Hessian for server<->server RPC,
and JAX-RS to the phones).  If you're creating internal protocols,
Hessian is way easier than creating REST services.  Much more like the
GWT-RPC experience.  I'd love to switch the phone protocol over too.

The only problem is that all the existing Hessian client libraries are
synchronous, which isn't very useful on a phone.  If your ObjectiveC
team is strong, maybe we could start an opensource project to create
an asynchronous version of HessianKit?

Jeff