Hi there,

1. We've heard some reports related to browser cache. Try using
shift-refresh on your browser or delete your cache.
2. You are not guaranteed that the ID will be sequential (1, 2, 3, 4, etc),
just that it will be unique. A large reason of why this is has to do with
the distributed nature of App Engine's datastore.

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Saurabh Mehta <cron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We have 2 applications, which we are using for demo for one of our
> customers..
>
> - snugcampus-dtu-btech2010-demo
> - snugcampus-admissions-dtu-demo
>
> In both the applications we are facing the below issues which we need
> to address ASAP, before we have the next demo.
>
> 1) After we enter some test data, keeping them as authentic as
> possible and avoiding all the chances of getting corrupt data being
> entered. We are unable to view the data in the Appengine dataviewer,
> whereas if i try to access the same within our code, it works fine.
>
> 2) We keep the key as null before saving the data, and expect the
> appengine to generate the key for us. The key id generated for the
> entities are not in the sequential order, sometimes we get the id as
> 1/2/3, sometimes it gets 1001/1002 and in the last time got the id as
> 2001.. We have about less than 10 entities in total.
>
> In the next demo, it is highly required by us to show them how their
> data gets saved in the appengine datastore, and how the same can be
> viewed in the appengine admin console. Request your support, so that
> we may come to the cause of the issue and correct the same in our
> code, if we are making any mistake. The one uploaded on the
> application is a prototype and we would building the final application
> from learnings achieved on the same.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Ikai Lan