Hi JD,

We released the api for this feature ahead of the backend support so you'll
need to wait for the next release (currently making its way through QA) to
be able to take advantage of transactional tasks.  Once the feature is
enabled, tasks that are added to queues when there is an active datastore
transaction will be automatically enlisted in the datastore transaction so
most of the time you won't actually need to get ahold of the active
com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Transaction.  That said, you can always
get ahold of the active datastore transaction via
DatastoreService.getCurrentTransaction().

Hope this helps,
Max