Hi there,

I finally was able with the great help from Ikai to download the data
of my application as you can read in the following thread

http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java/browse_thread/thread/b86c5304ca2b4717/7cb17c653e319f8c?lnk=gst&q=local.bin+copy#7cb17c653e319f8c

now I was wondering what possibilities there are to have a script or
something running on my computer that would automatically and
periodically trigger that download in order to backup the data of the
datastore?

Does anybody already have experience with that? any script out there
already?

Thanks for any hints you can give me

Dominik