Hello,

Has anyone tried to use Log4j in production GAE? Is it supported?

According to Java GAE docs, only java.util.logging is fully supported.
See http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/runtime.html#Logging

[...]
 Any logging framework (such as log4j) that logs to the output or
error streams will work. However, for more fine-grained control of the
Admin Console's log level display, the logging framework must use a
java.util.logging adapter.
[...]

On the other hand, I see that log4j.properties is included into every
project created by GAE Eclipse plugin.

I tried Log4j in a test application and Lo4j is working fine in
development environment. But it doesn't (just does nothing) when I
deploy my test application into live GAE server.

Thanks in advance for any info,
Alex