Hi,
I need some clarifications about how to use the Google users services
when when working with XMLHttpRequest (javascript).

For the purpose of the discussion I use the code from the Google
sample of user services:
http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/gettingstarted/usingusers.html

I need to load an html file that has some elements in it that I fill
from a XMLHttpRequest response (I can't use a server generated page
because I'm doing the call from a Google chrome extension and I need
the chrome api, so the html file must be packed with my extension)

My problem is handling the redirect when user is not logged in... How
would you suggest I mimic the browser behavior for the same
redirect ?
If I point my browser to same URL I will get the user log-in page and
the browser will then display the response properly (after the user
signed in).

I am not even sure what to ask, is there some kind of "good practice"
for doing what I need ? Loading a page with and XMLHttpReqest that
requires a redirect to the Google account login and then loading my
page again this time with the user signed in ?