FWIW, it's actually quite easy to check out Resin trunk (which holds
the hessian source code), make the patch, build with ant, and get a
hessian.jar.

Hessian works quite beautifully on appengine.  I wish I had an
asynchronous ObjectiveC hessian client so I could ditch my tediously
duplicated JAX-RS api.

Jeff