Hi, I split my original app into an admin app and a user app for exactly the reason you gave - reduced start up time. In my case it more than halved the load time of the public facing app.

I share code between the two Eclipse projects using symlinks to the source folders. This saves a lot of time keeping the code synced and works well with the Eclipse plugins one-app-per-project concept.

Because I am still refining my data model I need to upgrade the data a lot which is time consuming. So I bump up the schema version number (a Twig feature) upload just the updated admin app and process the data in the new format. When thats complete - maybe 8 hours later - I update the live version of the user app to use the new schema version number.

John