By GAE plugin are you referring to the Maven GAE plugin or the Google
flugin for Eclipse?

Anyhow, a while ago I blogged about Eclipse, GAE and Maven working
nicely together at
http://hamandeggs.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/how-to-gae-eclipse-maven/
But if your issue is more related to the multiproject structure, I'm
afraid I can't help you much, since I'm not really familiar with that.

Regards,
Hannu