Hello everybody !

I am using appengine for a personal project in order to create a
professional application. I find Appengine really powerful but i do
not understand why the new table inheritance strategy is not available
even if it would not be really efficient.
In the documentation it is said that the new table strategy may cause
efficiency troubles due to the non supported join queries. But in
concrete development if we need to store an inherited object using
multiple tables due to the hierarchy and the sense of the application,
we have to add a tier in the code to emulate the inheritance.
I explain myself :
I've got a server data hierarchy in a package called "models" that is
synchronized with the client data hierarchy. Because of the non
supported new-table strategy I had to create a "tier" in a package
"entities" where I implemented all my persistable entities without
inheritance. When an operation needs to access the stored datas, the
models objects play with the entities to retrieve the needed datas and
reassemble them so that the client app can ignore this kind of
operation and have its development perennial.

I assume that it is really not beautiful but I still not understand
why the new-table is not available even if it "would require a remote
procedure call for each level of inheritance", because in the hand
this is what we have to do when we are needing the new-table strategy,
and in the other hand it could be a temporary implementation while
waiting for the join queries.

Thanks for answers !